Someone reminded me tonight that I’m also a webcomic artist, so I figured I should… you know… webcomic.
So yeah, as I said in the comic, things have been bad. The last panel we’ll get into more tomorrow, but basically… Sam has also destroyed our house. For real. For really real.
We talked to like 4 different experts, including the head of the local "League", and they were all (humorously) like "why, no, it's a natural instinct for babies, you're obviously doing it wrong, you just… (attempt to get her to attach)… go like this… (Fails repeatedly to get her to attach)… Well, it should be working."
That's one of the things that really "soured" me on the breast milk thing. Everyone was so insulting high and mighty and judgemental, blaming us repeatedly for an obviously defective baby. It really broke my wife's heart, and people were dicks about instead of being understanding.
Sam did get breast milk, via a pump, but bottle was the only way she'd eat anything.
Reshared post from +Drew Nicholson
Every major medical organization in the world agrees that humans ought to be fed with breast milk. It benefits baby, mother, community, and our economy. My heart breaks for women who have been turned off to breastfeeding, who didn’t get the support, or who didn’t even know to ask for support.
But let’s not set up a straw man of Mommy Wars in the name of defending a study of associations based on numbers and graphs which supports particular situations or our personal opinions. That doesn’t help the legitimate case of supporting breastfeeding which is globally the best way for us to feed babies.
Mayim Bialik: Despite Findings of the Latest Study, Breast is Still Best
The recent study by Dr. Cynthia Colen has a lot of us in the breastfeeding world up in arms. This study declares that benefits of breastfeeding may be “over
Google+: View post on Google+
Maybe you should be following me on Google+? Just a suggestion.
- We tried very hard to get Sam to breastfeed but she would have none of it March 10, 2014
- Also to add to this list March 10, 2014
- Score! My brother just messaged me from the Goodwill he was at, he found the a… March 10, 2014
- Monday Morning Thought Experiment March 10, 2014
- A guy I know wanted to climb Mt March 10, 2014
- It's a bit late for Caturday, but March 9, 2014
- I know I don't really need to ask this, but March 9, 2014
- You never hear about people getting addicted to peyote March 9, 2014
- I spent about 20 minutes staring at the foodstuffs we have trying to decide what… March 8, 2014
- +Glenn Rogers Have you guys ever done March 8, 2014
- Courtesy of +Brand Gamblin - I feel like I wind up making this statement/argument… January 6, 2014
- I've come to a decision September 30, 2012
- It occurs to me that the obsession with "Friendzoning" is a manifestation… February 6, 2014
- Want to see a "Personal PR Fail" in the making? Check out the thunderstorm… July 21, 2013
- So the power company told us today that we've got to pay $500+ by tomorrow or… April 15, 2013
- Ok, how does this look? April 30, 2013
- Anybody know where I can get a tiny version of Jayne's hat, the sort that might… February 1, 2013
- Didn't have any takers last night April 13, 2013
- Movie lovers – specifically BAD movie lovers – I'm looking for a movie to pair… September 27, 2013
- WARNING – INCOMING RANT April 6, 2013
- Angela Klueber: Oh man, extra kudos for the pumping. I am a majo...
- Anthony Deaver: Considering some of the stuffs I've googled f...
- Lin Chambers: I don't think there is an universal answer, a...
- Mike Dellheim: Please... no one ever THINKS about what they do on...
- Angela Klueber: groan That's for both the original joke and...
- Jim Hanson: No matter how rocky the road or steep the cliffs I...
- Marsha Barnes: Can't - between the coin show takedown on Sat...
- Mike Dellheim: I'd say your comedy career has already peaked...
- Jacque Hanson: fuck you dude...
- Lin Chambers: Boo....